Tuesday, November 05, 2013

A new month, a new Bookin'!


Well, the Cataloging Cave seems to have survived Halloween intact, and most of the Book Elves made bail in time to get this catalog together.  I know I say this every time, but there’s some interesting stuff in this one. Whale oil, fake arrowheads, weird sunflowers, snuff, ostriches and croquet mallets -and more. 
I can’t decide whether my favorite quote from these items is the woman who compared early American rug hookers to Matisse, or this one- 

"The savage who tattoos his flesh is a painter, the barbarian who ornaments his club with carvings is a sculptor, the Indian who constructs his wigwam in the forest is an architect, the cannibal who sings in triumph while his enemy is burning at the stake is a musician, and all are artists." 

I think I’m just going to leave it there.



No comments: